- a backlash among young people has been quietly boiling.
- “You start doing things that are dishonest”
- weary of the pressures of sustaining an online persona
- It became depressing. It was this competition of who’s the happiest
- A desire to build authentic, offline friendships motivated some to quit
- did so in order to “use time in more valuable ways”.
- “mindless vortex of never-ending scrolling”
- but there is a sense of privacy that is being breached as well
- Constant screen time damages your ability to see, and it also causes internal damage, such as anxiety
- when you do, it’s such a relief