- our well-being also is influenced by the company we keep
- can influence obesity, anxiety and overall happiness
- remarkably optimistic and upbeat
- a renewed commitment not only to exercise and healthful living, but to simply step up my social life and spend more time hanging out with happy people.
- The key to building a successful moai is to start with people who have similar interests, passions and values.
- I argue that the most powerful thing you can do to add healthy years is to curate your immediate social network
- Your group of friends are better than any drug or anti-aging supplement, and will do more for you than just about anything
Van Gogh never had an art exhibition in his lifetime.
-Emily Dickinson never published a book
-Kafka didn’t have a published novel while alive
-Henry David Thoreau’s Walden sold only 2000 copies before his death.
-John Kennedy Toole had no books published until after his suicide
-Stieg Larsson’s “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” was published in 2008, 4 years after his death
These people did their art in isolation. They teased the blood and guts out of their bodies and used the blood to write and create.